In this role you will:
- Perform requirements analysis in collaboration with the architects and business analysts.
- Create positive, negative, smoke, load and regression test cases and test plans.
- Execute and oversee the execution of test plans, test scenarios and scripts for:
- Web based B2B applications
- B2B API endpoints
- Application integration testing
- Validate and analyze data within application databases (writing of complex SQL queries).
- Create and maintain project issue logs for defect tracking and testing for remediation of issues.
- Make recommendations on application improvements with an eye towards the user experience and application standards.
- Mentor, guide and review the work of less experienced testing resources.
- Report on the status of the test effort on a regular basis and raise any potential issues with quality/schedule.
- Help further improve the automated application testing.
The Other Stuff
- Possess a commitment to high quality deliverables.
- 6+ years in a Quality/Testing Role, with at least 2 years in a senior position (ideally in a retail technology company).
- Solid background in QA methodologies, defect management and testing procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Very good SQL knowledge (In one of either MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle).
- Basic knowledge of data modeling and ETL processes.
- Experience with cURL, postman, SoapUI or similar tool for API Functional and Performance testing.
- Experience with configuration and execution of automated browser based test tools (Selenium, Watir, QA Wolf or similar).
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems. Knowledge of batch/shell scripting would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes (AKS, GKE) environments would be an asset.