Senior QA Analyst / Test Execution Lead Full Time / Canada
We believe in offering quality products to our clients and a big part of that comes through Quality Assurance. In order to maintain excellent products and solutions to our customers, we're looking for an experienced QA Analyst to join our team as we grow as a company and increase our customer base.
In this role you will:
- Perform requirements analysis in collaboration with the architects and business analysts.
- Create positive, negative, smoke, load and regression test cases and test plans.
- Execute and oversee the execution of test plans, test scenarios and scripts for:
- Web based B2B applications
- B2B API endpoints
- Application integration testing
- Validate and analyze data within application databases (writing of complex SQL queries).
- Create and maintain project issue logs for defect tracking and testing for remediation of issues.
- Make recommendations on application improvements with an eye towards the user experience and application standards.
- Mentor, guide and review the work of less experienced testing resources.
- Report on the status of the test effort on a regular basis and raise any potential issues with quality/schedule.
- Help further improve the automated application testing.
The Other Stuff
- Possess a commitment to high quality deliverables.
- 6+ years in a Quality/Testing Role, with at least 2 years in a senior position (ideally in a retail technology company).
- Solid background in QA methodologies, defect management and testing procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Very good SQL knowledge (In one of either MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle).
- Basic knowledge of data modeling and ETL processes.
- Experience with cURL, postman, SoapUI or similar tool for API Functional and Performance testing.
- Experience with configuration and execution of automated browser based test tools (Selenium, Watir, QA Wolf or similar).
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems. Knowledge of batch/shell scripting would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes (AKS, GKE) environments would be an asset.