In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the design and functionality of the product suite, ensuring effective implementation of features in a consistent manner
- Work with customers to understand requirements and direct them to existing functionality or define new requirements and perform the related design and specifications
- Work with the development and QA teams to ensure the designs are complete and clearly understood
- Provide estimates of customer and product enhancements
- Create design documents as well as specifications
- Review peer’s design documents as well as specifications and provide feedback
The Other Stuff
- Several years experience as an application solutions architect (in Retail Industry preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Team player and self-motivated
- A solid understanding of retail and retail business concepts. (sales, crm, loyalty, marketing, inventory, accounting, etc) e.g. 10+ years in retail
- A solid understanding of application development and design methodologies (MVC, UI, etc)
- The ability to work with customers to define and document requirements, in detail.
- The ability to write clear specifications and communicate to development and QA.
- A good knowledge of SQL (schemas, etc)
- An understanding of application communication methods (socket, Soap, Rest, etc)
- An understanding of application security methods and alternatives.
- The ability to present and spec with clients and prospects – e.g. pre sales support, during the implementation project, etc.
- The ability to estimate work costs and effort durations
- Knowledge of Cloud an asset