Cloud Ops Full Time / Montreal
The Cloud Technology Team is in search of a self-driven individual with a background in Azure Cloud Ops Delivery and Support. This is a highly technical role focused on addressing all aspects of Cloud Ops Deployment
- The right candidate for this role must be able to Anticipate, Identify, Analyze and Solve operational problems and implement the necessary changes for permanent resolution.
- You must be able to work in collaboration with existing teams of highly talented and experienced individuals.
- You must be creative, accountable, ambitious and take an outside of the box thinking approach to align with company roadmaps and initiatives and with a future vision of operations.
- An ability to look at and visualize an improvement, propose your concept and follow through to take your idea from a concept to a solution.
- You must be able to prioritize your work and reach out when you determine assistance is needed.
- You must have strong time management and organizational skills, the ability to think ahead and remain focused on the task at hand when you are being contacted from many different directions.
- You should be passionate about improving supporting processes and learning new methods and technologies to create operational efficiencies.
- You should have a strong desire to create and manage processes for the secure operation of customer cloud environments
- As part of the Cloud Operations Team you will be responsible for both facilitating internal deployment efforts and maintaining site reliability for our line-of-business software as a service product. This position will work closely with all other teams to optimize performance and security on our infrastructure, and to assist incident management in the production environments. Key responsibilities for this role include facilitating application upgrade deployments, building infrastructure enhancements, and managing ongoing tasks.
Minimum 2-5 years of working in Cloud Operations/Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams (preferably MS Azure) to execute upgrades, deployments, user & infrastructure provisioning, incident & change management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a customer facing sales role
- MySQL DBA skills DB always-on, replication, performance, backup/restore
- Experience with Disaster Recovery scenarios
- Experience working with Terraform scripts to create the Azure infrastructure and deploy applications
- Experience of working with Elastic Search, Kibana, Redis Cache or something equivalent
- Comfortable using TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Azure DevOps workflows
- Comfortable with Visual Studio and MySQL Server Data Tools
- Exposure to deployment using Azure cloud console and ARM templates
- Experience in handling Azure Active Directory (AD) & Role-based Access Control (RBAC) related activities will be a plus
- Comfortable with basic DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), and Infrastructure-automation
Must to Have Skills
- Automation of Azure Infrastructure
- PowerShell Script / Azure Resource Management (ARM) Templates Script is a Must.
Any Undergraduate/ Post-Graduate in Engineering/ Computer Science
Good to have Skills
- Strong Windows and Linux Systems, SQL Database, and Network administration skills
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts, applications, storage, compute and networking components
- Readiness to have a key role within XCCommerce for all things Cloud Deployments
- Scripting in PowerShell, DOS or Linux shell
- Proactive and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines, meeting SLAs, and producing results
- Excellent customer service and people skills. Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to be a good listener, and to understand customer issues. Ability to provide innovative workarounds or design a solution to fix a customer’s problem